It’s my birthday! I love birthdays. There’s been a lot of teasing around here about getting older and falling apart, but let’s face it, forty isn’t old. Okay, it’s not young either. Forty is the perfect middle ground. I’m old enough that I’ve collected a bit of wisdom (just a bit). And I’m young enough that I still feel like I can do anything!
One thing that’s really encouraged me lately is how happy my fifty year old friends seem. I take that to mean the next ten years could easily be the best of my life!
I’ve been pondering what I’ve learned so far. Here’s the beginning of my list.
- It’s best to stay away from drama. The problem is, drama works very hard to draw in an audience.
- History is much more exciting than we were led to believe in high school.
- Time spent in prayer is never wasted.
- Cats can be wonderful companion…but they also vomit.
- Persistence is key.
- Persistence must be tempered with patience.
- Bruises don’t fade as fast when you’re forty.
- One should be very careful when walking into the garage. You could fall and get a big bruise.
- When you give forgiveness, you set yourself free.
- I can choose to be happy by focusing on my blessings.
Leave a comment and tell us what grains of wisdom you’ve collected.
Thanks for reading!